The Who's and the What's
- Speciation tempo and dynamics: modeling the transition from populations to species
- Host-parasite co-evolutionaary phylogenetics, dynamics, and historical biogeography
- Machine learning approaches for macroevolutionary analyses
- Machine learning approaches for classifying wildlife activity patterns from biologging data
- Spatial phylogeography of Californian spiders
These positions are funded: through teaching and graduate research assistantships, SDSU Evolutionary Biology PhD] students will receive a stipend and benefits, while SDSU Evolutionary Biology Master’s students will receive a stipend.
Then please send me an email describing your specific interests and background as well as a CV to:
More information about the programs are here:
- PhD: San Diego State University Joint Doctoral Program in Evolutionary Biology
- MSc: San Diego State University Master's in Evolutionary Biology
while you can read about the sort of computational skills you will learn (among other skills) in my lab here.
Then Come to San Diego!
In addition to not just doing cool science, but becoming a cool scientist (who develops awesome new methods that other scientists will use to do their own science!), you will get to live in glorious sunny San Diego,
fifteen minutes from the majestic Pacific,
an hour from marvelous mountain forests,
and an hour and half from the magnificent Anzo-Borrego desert.